Ten Reasons Why I Want To Visit Virginia Beach
It is summer time and summer time definitely means vacation time for the Anderson family. We wait all year for school to get out, vacation days to go in effect, and the surprise to our family about where we will vacation. My husband and I usually plan the trip in the spring and wait until June 1st to let my daughter and her two sons know where we will be spending a whole 7 days in July. Of course we have to consider a kid friendly vacation spot and there must be plenty of activities to keep them busy. There must also be affordable hotels, great restaurants, and plenty of sites to see. This year we decided on Virginia Beach for our vacation spot. This beautiful part of the country, with it's gracious beach areas, was just exactly where we knew we wanted to spend our 7 relaxing days.
Ten reasons we picked Virginia Beach:
1) Virginia Beach Pirate Ship Adventures. This sounds awesome! The boys will love getting to search for treasure while on a pirate ship where the pirates put on a show for us all. They serve snacks and the kids get to wear pirate hats and help search for the famous Blackbeard.
2) A 90 minute boat trip to watch the dolphins. We all will love watching the Bottlenose dolphins jump and frolic in the water.
3)We can rent kayaks, jet skis and even parasail! Rudee Jet Ski Rentals will provide all we need for this fun day.
4)How about getting to learn how to go crabbing, while we also get to enjoy all the water creatures and their activities? The Rudee Tours sound delightful.
5) There is the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center which holds over 800,000 gallons of water and sea animals.
6)We plan on staying one night at the First Landing State Park. I love state parks. We will rent one of their cabins there and enjoy a picnic and nature trip.
7)My husband plans a relaxing day of golf while my daughter,the boys and I enjoy shopping in one of largest malls on the east coast, the LynnHaven Mall.
8) We definitely plan on dining on freshly caught seafood for one of our dinners. The seafood is caught just hours before it is cooked and served. Yum!
9)We rented our beach house for the week from the Virginia Beach Vacation Rentals. They had so many to choose from. We found just what we needed at a great price and right on the beach.
10) Last, but not least, we chose Virginia Beach for our vacation destination because there are so many other things to do that cost so little and the kids will love all they have to offer.
Need help getting everything together and in order for your trip to Virginia Beach? Then download a planner from the website. You can even Call 800.700.7702 for planning assistance.
Do you need directions on how to get to Virginia Beach? It is located on the mid-Atlantic coast in the southeastern-most corner of Virginia. Coming from the west, the easiest routes are I-64, U. S. 460, or U.S. 58. If you are driving from the North or South the best routes are I-85 or I-95, and U.S. 13 and 17. These routes intersect with I-64, which circles Hampton Roads, connecting with I-264, which ends at the Visitor Information Center and leads visitors directly to the oceanfront resort area. Just check in at the Visitor Center and someone there will be glad to help you with any questions you may have about Virginia Beach.
Check out the directions from your starting destination by submitting your zip code in the box provided. Click here for this website.
Visit Virginia Beach for your next family vacation. Like I said, there is so much to do and you will never be bored. One of the simplest and cheapest part of visiting Virginia Beach is the walks at night on their beautiful, sandy beaches. Just enjoy the sound of the water and the view of the skies. What a great vacation we have planned - Virginia Beach here we come!
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
The opinion of Virginia Beach is strictly my own.