Aug 2, 2018

Dos Ron Rum Review

Dos ron 16 year rum 400px

   I recently was allowed to to try a bottle of Dos Ron's 16 year old Rum. This Rum is amazing tasting poured over ice and mixed with cola or any fruit juice.  I also have been wanting to make a Rum Cake and with this high quality Rum I decided to bake one.
   First, let me give you some history about the making of this fine spirit.  Don Colina is Cuban and his family had their very own recipe for making delicious Rum.  This recipe calls for coconut, fruits and sugar cane.  In 2001 , Carlos, who is Don Colina's son, decided to take Rum that had been aging in oak casks and add the recipe his father taught him and blend it all together for the great well balanced, well rounded, smooth, dark taste of one of the world's excellent choices of Rum.


  Like I said earlier, I was interested in making a Rum Cake.  Below are pictures of the making and the finished process:

Image may contain: one or more people, drink and indoor


Image may contain: food and indoor


Image may contain: food and indoor
( The person pictured is not me, it is my father-in-law baking  the cake as I took the pictures.)

   The cake above was simple to make.  All you need is a yellow cake mix and instead of adding water you add 1/4 cup Dos Ron Rum.  Bake as suggested and for the glaze you mix 1/2 cup Rum with 1 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp. vanilla.  Heat  until boiling and then drizzle over the cake.  That's it!   So, if it's a sweet, woodsy blend of  ingredients that come together to make a very excellent Rum to drink any time you are ready to relax, then Dos Ron Rum is your choice of spirit.  Also, if you like to cook with liquor then I suggest you give this delicious Rum a try.
   You can purchase Dos Ron Rum at most every liquor store across the U.S.  Believe me, whether you want it poured on cubes of ice for a delicious drink or to use it in any recipe you choose, then Dos Ron Rum is for you!  I guarantee you will love the taste.

*I was allowed to review this product free of charge, in exchange for a honest, written review.
*I was not monetarily compensated for this review.
*The opinions of this review are strictly my own.
*Thanks to TallGrass PR and Dos Ron for allowing me to review for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here...