Dec 15, 2013

Cooking With McCormicks for Christmas!


The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my personal opinions.. I do not  claim or appear to be experts on a McCormick product. I will only endorse products or services that I believe, based on my expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.

 Nothing is like walking into a home that smells of holiday cooking.  All the pies, cakes, cookies, casseroles, the turkey and all the delicious foods that are being cooked during the holidays, look and smell wonderful.  When I cook these foods, and any food that requires spices, I use nothing but McCormick.
 McCormick spices are sweet, zesty, bold, and herby.  I use McCormick spices year round, daily even.  We use their steak seasoning on our steaks, their garlic salt and their black pepper on all my Italian dishes, their hamburger seasoning really adds deep flavor to my hamburgers, and nothing beats McCormick Vanilla.  I only use this vanilla because I want that perfect vanilla flavor in my cookies, pies and cakes.



I just made a batch of Gingerbread Men Cookies for my grandson's class party.  I used the McCormick recipe below and these cookies turned out delicious!  Here is the recipe I used:

Gingerbread Men Cookies Recipe

Serves:
Makes 2 dozen or 24 (1 cookie) servings.
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions

  1. Mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in large bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Press dough into a thick flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
  2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured work surface. Cut into gingerbread men shapes with 5-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges of cookies are set and just begin to brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely. Decorate cooled cookies as desired. Store cookies in airtight container up to 5 days.

 Use McCormick's Colorful Royal Icing recipe to make the gingerbread people extra cute and colorful.  Be sure to use McCormick's Food Coloring to get the bright bold colors you want in your icing.

 I love making gingerbread and these cookies shaped and decorated like boys and girls were perfect for school Christmas parties.
 McCormick spices are an everyday ingredient in most all my dishes.  These products from McCormick are the best and I really believe you will find great results when using their spices.  Visit the McCormick website for more recipes and product information.

*Thanks to McCormick for allowing me to review for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here...