First Things First is an award winning not-for profit organization dedicated to strengthening families. In summertime families usually spend more time with each other because school is out and most of the time this means vacationing, time spent relaxing at home and simple get - togethers with friends.
I raised 3 children and now I have 11 grand children. During the raising of my children I remember my husband always playing "Wrestle" or some other type of rough housing games. I would always cringe and fuss about someone getting hurt and my husband would say, "they are fine, let them be kids" well, now with the grandchildren it is the same thing again. The grandbabies love when PaPa wrestles and tickles and they play monsters. Of course this means blankets everywhere for forts and jumping on the bed.
FTF is working with families including moments like the one's I have. They are trying to teach others about family connection, father and children time, and how important it is for mom's to realize that dad's style of playing is different than moms, and that the children need this play.
Today our nation is facing the family fallout. 24 million homes have children in them without their biological fathers, 30% of divorces are caused by infidelity, abuse and addiction, while the other 70% is because there is a lack of connection between the husband and wife. With the help of organizations like FTF, families can help learn to re-build the family again.
Below are 5 FTF films that relate to different family issues. Watch them and I will have you comment for an entry in my giveaway. I chose the "Dad's Way" video to discuss with my readers because the point of this film is one I need to consider more often. I am thankful my children's dad was always there for them just as he is for the grandchildren. His type of playing and mine may differ, but he loves them and is teaching them a healthy way to bond. The way we interact with our children today can effect their lives tomorrow.
Moon Pie is giving away a family prize pack for one of my lucky readers.
MoonPie / First Things First Family Prize Pack includes:
- His and Hers MoonPie T-shirts (2 Large T-shirts)
- 2 Boxes of MoonPies
Complete the 3 Entries Below
1)** To enter just watch the 5 short film clips below and leave me a comment about 1 of them: ( +10 )
1. Save Your Marriage- http://firstthings.org/fm/learn/courses/course/fight-for-your-marriage/page/intro
2. Lost in Translation- http://firstthings.org/fm/learn/courses/course/lost-in-translation/page/intro
3. Daddy/Daughter Relationships- http://firstthings.org/fm/learn/courses/course/daddy-daughter/page/relationships
5. Date Your Spouse**- http://firstthings.org/fm/learn/courses/course/dating-your-spouse/page/intro
2)**Tweet about this giveaway saying" Enter to win a Family Prize Pack from MoonPie" Ends 8/20 @ http://mimilovesall8.blogspot.com" #FirstThingsFirst
Be sure to use the #FirstThingsFirst or your entry will not count!
Leave me the link to the tweet in the comments also. ( +5 )
3)**Pin this Prize Pack and entry link on your Pinterest.
Leave me the link in the comments below. ( +5 )
*Thanks to MoonPie and FTF for allowing this giveaway
* The opinions of this product are strictly my own.
*One winner per family
*If you have won this same prize on another giveaway site you are not eligible to win again.
*Open to US residents 18+ ---void where prohibited
*The prize redemption is not the responsibility of this blog. I will send info to the company and they are responsible for the redemption.
*First Things First supplied these materials to me.
Thanks for entering!!!
Ended! Winner is MY Flower
Ended! Winner is MY Flower